PV inverters are generally divided into:
– Grid-connected inverters can be connected in parallel to the public gird
– Off-grid or island solution inverter for solar systems that draw power from a battery unit system or the public grid, but cannot feed energy into the grid the way grid inverters do.
Motto Engineering is the official representative in Bulgaria for the products of the German company KACO New Energy. KACO offers a full range of units necessary for the support of solar systems for both single family houses and megawatt solar parks . Various series include :
Singlephase string inverters
Singlephase string inverters are used when single-phase gird connection is applied. Photovoltaic panels are connected in series to form strings. 02 series inverters have transformer that separates them galvanically from the network, as this is still a safety requirement in some countries.
● Powador 2002 – 6002 (transformer)
● Powador 3200 – 9600 (transformerless)
Three-phase inverters are used when three-phase grif connection is applied. Photovoltaic panels are connected in series to form strings. TR3 series inverters have transformer that separates them galvanically from the network, as this is still a safety requirement in some countries.
● 16.0 TR3 – 18.0 TR3 (transformer)
● 6.0 TL3 – 72.0 TL3 (transformerless)
Central inverters are used in megawatt power plants. The lowest power of a unit in this series is 100 kW. They have an integrated intelligent power modulation (IPM) and Surge Protection.
● Powador XP
KACO quality is certified by TÜV and RAL – quality stamp for solar installations.
Inverters of the Dutch company Victron Energy are a tested island solution and UPS component in case of blackouts . The company has traditions in solar technologies and the main features are:
● Full Sinewave
● High efficiency and peak power
● Possibility for additional power from the grid and/or diesel generator
● Possibility for a battery charger
According to the combination of different characteristics, the inverters are divided into series:
● VIctron Phoenix
Phoenix series inverters are used for off-grid power supply with battery unit for places without electrification
● Victron Multiplus
Multiplus series inverters are used for autonomous power supply with battery unit or for UPS systems. They have a additional AC input for grid connection or diesel generator.
● Victron Quattro
Quattro series inverters are used for autonomous power supply with battery unit or for UPS systems. They have 2 additional AC inputs for grid connection and diesel generator.